I have really been on a bread kick lately. And these were at the top of the list for my family. But most importantly my husband. He LOVED these! I served them with salmon with lemon slices, and asparagus. It was a easy weekday meal! They all just went perfectly together and we topped off the night with oreo milkshakes! If you are not much of a bread maker this is the perfect recipe to start with!
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl pour bisquick. Cut in cold butter by using a pastry cutter or a fork or two. Combined it. There will be small chunks and that is fine.
- Mix in the garlic powder and cheese and then add milk slowly while mixing together with your hands. Add a little more milk if the dough feels dry but don't add too much!!!
- Drop about a 1/4 cup portions of the dough on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until biscuits are light brown.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt for about 1 minute or until it is all melted. Then add the garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Right when the biscuits are done from the oven brush the glaze over the biscuits and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes