Carne Asada Street Tacos
5 Simple steps to PERFECT authentic street tacos!
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal to make for dinner, street tacos are always a good idea! My favorite part about street tacos is the variety of ingredients that can go in them. Onions, lettuce, pico de gallo, cheese, meat, guacamole, you name it! Mexican styled street tacos are a MUST to know to to make. My kids like to build their own tacos and we normally have a line of different items they can put inside. That way everyone is happy!
The marinade in my opinion is the most important part when you are preparing street tacos. This marinade brings out all of the flavors you would want in a perfect Mexican dish! You won’t even need to add extra toppings into the taco because the meat will already have so much flavor. The carne asada will come out perfectly cooked and juicy.
For this recipe, I chose to make carne asada street tacos because that is my families favorite type of meat. I have an AMAZING marinade for the carne asada that will make your mouth water. You can easily put your own flare on these street tacos and it is fun to get creative with your ingredients! Substitute your meat for chicken or fry your tortillas to get that crispy outside. No matter how you love your tacos, this is how I get mine to be delicious every time.
5 Simple Steps for Street Tacos
- Make the marinade by combining all ingredients
- Marinade in the fridge for a few hours
- Cook the meat and tortillas
- Then assemble the tacos
- Then Eat!
Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 2 lbs carne asada steak meat
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle adobo peppers
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- street taco corn tortillas
- tomatoes, diced
- cilantro, chopped finely
- onion, diced
- cotija cheese
- lime wedges
- Grab a bowl and place the carne asada in the bowl. Then dump all the remaining marinade ingredients on top of the steak. Then mix together and then let marinade in the fridge for a few hours.
- Grill up the steak in the grill, stove top, in a cast iron skillet or however you want to cook your steak,
- Next, heat up the corn tortillas on the stove top for a few minutes on each side.
- Then grab the avocado and mash it up. Then spread over the tortilla. Top with steak and other toppings. Then serve with a side of lime wedges.
- Lastly, eat and enjoy!
Did you know I offer weekly family meal plans that include recipes just like this one? Each week members receive a unique, weekly dinner menu with a complete shopping list and access to my private Facebook group! I’d love to have you join our community!
Looking for a side dish? Try my famous Mexican Rice!