I absolutely love s’mores. S’mores remind me of summertime so when I was asked by Krusteaz to create a “Seize the Summer” recipe I knew just what I wanted to create! S’mores are supposed to be an easy treat to enjoy and that is exactly what these bar cookies are! EASY! When you pair it with Krusteaz double peanut butter mix it makes the dough even more easy!
These can be made the day before for a summer time gathering, road trip, or a camping trip! I have brought them to overnighters and they are gone within seconds! I hope you enjoy this yummy and easy summertime recipe as much as my family and I did with the hidden peanut butter cups inside!
- 1 box Krusteaz Double Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 6 graham crackers
- 9 peanut butter cups
- 1 (7 ounce) container of marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together double peanut butter cookie mix, softened butter, and egg. Stir in crushed graham crackers into the peanut butter cookie dough mix.
- Press 2/3 of the dough mix into the bottom of the baking dish. Change to Place peanut butter cups over dough arranging in a 3x3 pattern. Spread the marshmallow cream over the peanut butter cups covering the entire pan with the cream.
- Roll the remaining 1/3 of the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, creating an 8x8-inch square. Then take the dough and parchment paper and flip it upside down onto the cream mixture creating the top layer of the bar cookies. Press it down and make sure the entire top of the marshmallow cream is covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let cool before serving. For the best cutting and serving results let sit for 12 hours or overnight. Remove the sides of the parchment paper and pull upward to remove the bars. Transfer to a cutting board and take off the parchment paper. Cut into 9 square pieces.
Peanut Butter S’more Bars
1 box Krusteaz Double Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
6 graham crackers
9 peanut butter cups
1 (7 ounce) container of marshmallow cream
For Directions head on over here!