15 Amazing Christmas Dinner Ideas
Christmas Dinner Ideas
Do you cook for your family Christmas Eve? What type of dinner do you usually do? Are you looking for a new tradition to start? Here are some Christmas dinner ideas!
My family and I always love to change it up when it comes to Christmas dinner ideas. All of the recipes listed in this post are amazing and we make them all the time at my house. Most of them are also very easy to make so you should never feel stressed when preparing them! These dinners can be prepared in a fancy or a casual way depending on the occasion and they are all perfect for your Christmas Eve.
Looking for a last minute gift? Check out my cookbook HERE which is filled with tons of delicious recipes!
Mexican Food (Great For a Crowd!)
Green Chile Burritos or Red Chile Burritos
- These burritos are not difficult to make and turn out delicious! Try them out with different meat and sauce.
For a variety of needs- allergies or dietary needs
- Perfect to make when you have leftovers from tacos or burritos the night before. Make them as healthy as you want and add tons of yummy flavors to them!
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Fajitas are always a good idea for making your own tacos and for large groups!
- If you prefer you can switch these out for chicken taquitos and they turn out yummy both ways!
Honey Lime Mexican Lasagna
- This is a MUST TRY recipe! I promise you will not regret trying this one out.
Hawaiian Pork Tacos
- These are a spin on your normal tacos and are super yummy! Perfect for a large group and kids.
Unique Italian recipes for Christmas Dinner
Brown Butter Bacon Tortellini
- This is a super delicious pasta that is not difficult to make and great for your family.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- If you love chicken then this recipe is for you! The sauce in this pasta is so unique you have to try it out yourself.
Carbonara Stuffed Shells
- These are a little harder to prepare but definitely worth it in the end! The creamy filling is the die for and AMAZING!
Chinese Take-Out (at home) for Christmas Dinner
Sweet and Sour Chicken
- This is the fan favorite sweet and sour chicken recipe!! Make this recipe and find out why everyone loves it so much.
- If you are a pineapple fan then you are going to love this Chinese recipe for Christmas Dinner! The sauce is perfect and all my family loves this dish!
Kung Pao Chicken
- This is a classic meal however this recipe takes it to another level. The veggies turn out amazing and all the flavors taste so good together!
Christmas Dinner Ideas: Family Favorite recipes
- Baked ziti is a dish I always make for potlucks because it is easy to make a lot of batches. If you are having a lot of family over for the holidays then this is the recipe for you.
- The sauce is so creamy and yummy you have to try it! Add chicken to the recipe and it is golden I promise.
- I love bolognese sauce and if you’ve never tried it then check out this recipe. It is not hard to make and I bet you will fall in love with it!
Christmas Dinner Ideas: Getting Fancy
Here are some of the more fancy type of meals to make!
- Don’t even get me started on this dish because I cannot explain how amazing it is. This is a holiday favorite for my family!
Crockpot Whole Turkey
- Don’t know the right way to cook your turkey? Try it in the crockpot and you’d be surprised at how tender it comes out!
- Ham is another popular meal request around the holidays and this recipe doesn’t disappoint!
Pistachio Rolled Pork
- The perfect Christmas Dinner dish to switch things up this year! It is very unique and comes out amazing I promise you are going to LOVE it.