Burrito Bowls Recipe
Burrito Bowls are great versatile for any family gathering! They can be customized however you like them!
How to make Burrito Bowls
- Make the meat, rice, beans, and toppings
- Assemble by adding the rice to the bottom
- Then top it with all the remaining things
- And enjoy
- 2-3lbs of Tri-Tip
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 packet Dry Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 3 Dashes of Franks Hot Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable or Olive Oil
- Place the water, bullion, worcestershire in the crockpot. Whisk together.
- Add Tri-tip. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning,garlic salt, black pepper, ground mustard, hot sauce, and oil onto the tri-tip.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. If you are home while it cooks, flip the tri-tip half way through. If not it will taste great if not flipped.
- After 8 hours shred meat and take out any fat that you find. This can be placed in corn tortillas, on a baked potato with BBQ sauce, on a roll or bun with BBQ sauce, or just eaten plain!
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 Tablespoons dry parsley
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion
- 1/2 cube butter
- 2 cups uncooked rice
PICO DE GALLO
- 1 yellow or red onions
- 6 Roma tomatoes (slightly under ripe is fine)
- 1 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 lime
- Dice up equal quantities of onion and tomato. Roughly chop the cilantro.
Now, slice 1 or 2 jalapenos in half. With a spoon, scrape out the seeds. (If you like things spicy, leave in some of the white membranes.) Dice the jalapeno very finely; you want a hint of heat and jalapeno flavor, but you don’t want to cause any fires. Now dump the four ingredients into a bowl.
Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice from half a lime the bowl. Sprinkle with salt, and stir together until combined. Be sure to taste the pico de gallo and adjust the seasonings, adding salt or more diced jalapeno if needed.
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 T cilantro, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 t minced garlic
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
- 15 oz can of black beans
Heat it in the microwave or stove then season with salt and pepper and serve
CORN ON THE COB:
Make the corn on the cob and then take a knife and cut it off the cob and then enjoy
- Cheese, grated
- Sour Cream
Looking for recipes? Try one of these!
Did you know I offer weekly family meal plans that include recipes just like this one? Each week members receive a unique, weekly dinner menu with a complete shopping list and access to my private Facebook group! I’d love to have you join our community!