Club Salad Recipe
This club salad is packed full with bacon, ham, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, croutons, cheese, cucumbers, and bell peppers. It is so flavorful and is very easy to make.
During the hot summer months I love to serve club salad for lunch and dinners. I also love that they are versatile and each person can also customize their salad the way they like them! It’s so simple to use meat from the night before or deli meat to add another layer oh heartiness to a salad. This is definitely one of my favorites!
Current favorite salad
We have always loved making wedge salads for dinner but recently I have been loving to add more meats to my salads and loading them up!
How to make a club salad
- Prepare all lettuce ingredients.
- Then add the ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Starting with the romaine lettuce and then top with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Then enjoy!
Making salad ahead of time
Can you make a club salad ahead of time?
Yes absolutely! I love to prep my salad ingredients in the morning or the day before and storing them in air tight containers. I do like to cut the eggs right before serving and I don’t add the croutons until serving.
How to store leftover salad?
If you don’t have anything assembled you can store the leftover ingredients. Once the salad sits out or once you add the croutons and tomatoes the salad will sometimes become soggy. So if you are wanting to store the leftover salad keep the ingredients separate and just prepare them individually when you are ready to serve and eat.
If you want to know how to cook the perfect hard boiled egg check out my blog post here.
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, cut into small squares
- 1/4 lb ham, sliced and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 lb cheddar cheese, sliced and cut into small pieces
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 container grape tomatoes
- 3 English cucumbers, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded, sliced and diced
- Bacon pieces
- Ranch dressing
instructions for making the best club salad
Prepare all lettuce ingredients. Then add the ingredients into a large salad bowl. Starting with the romaine lettuce and then top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing. Then enjoy!
How to Store Club Salad
Storing club salad is really simple – you can put it in any tupperware for 1-3 days. To preserve freshness I try to keep the lettuce separate from the ingredients and dressing so nothing gets soggy! The toppings will stay fresh and crisp longer than the lettuce!
- 3 heads Romain Lettuce Chopped
- 1/4 lb Ham Sliced or Cubed
- 1/4 1/4 Cheddar Cheese Sliced or Shredded
- 1/2 Container Grape Tomatoes Half
- 3 English Cucumbers Sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper De-Seeded, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Pieces
- Ranch Dressing
Chop All Toppings