Rubio’s Fish Tacos Recipe
I absolutely love this Rubio’s Fish Tacos Recipe! Have you been wondering how you can make Rubio’s fish taco sauce at home? This yogurt fish taco sauce is easier than you think and has easy to find ingredients at a portion of the price of eating at Rubio’s or Baja Fresh for that matter.
The Rubio’s Fish Tacos sauce recipe is simple and very easy to make at home!
Copycat Rubios Fish Tacos
- Corn Tortillas (10)
- Breaded Fish sticks (12)
- Cabbage, shredded (1/3 of a head)
- Lime, cut into small wedges (4)
Rubio’s Fish Taco Sauce:
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Steps for Rubio’s Fish Tacos:
- For the sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Can be refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
- For the fish sticks: Cook them in the oven according to the back of the package. Once they are cooked in the oven grab a skillet and place 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil in the bottom of it. Place the fish sticks (I used about 12 sticks) and using a spatula cut into small pieces and fry for a few minutes in the oil until fish gets a little crispier.
- For the corn tortillas: Place a teaspoon of vegetable oil in the bottom of a skillet. Lightly fry each side of the tortilla in the oil. Put on a paper towel and pat off the grease. Repeat until all tortillas are done.
- To assemble: Grab a tortilla and a couple spoonfuls of the cut up fish. Add some cabbage and then a heaping Tablespoon (or more) of the sauce. Serve with a few lime wedges.
How to Store Rubio’s Fish Tacos
In my opinion, these are best freshly made! They don’t store too well once assembled. To make ahead, I would make the Rubio’s sauce in a separate container, chop the cabbage and store in a zip lock bag, and then make your fish the day of. It can be reheated in the microwave, but will lose it’s crispiness which is the best part of the fish taco!
If you do store the fish, it will be good for about three days refrigerated in an air tight container.
Did you know I offer weekly family meal plans that include recipes just like this one? Each week members receive a unique, weekly dinner menu with a complete shopping list and access to my private Facebook group! I’d love to have you join our community!