Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe
How to make Mexican Rice at Home
Steps to make Mexican Rice
- Rinse and drain rice
- Add oil to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan
- Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water
- Cook until bullion cubes are dissolved
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and Simmer for 20 minutes
Authentic Mexican Rice
1 1/2 cups white rice
1/4 cup oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 chicken boullion cubes
1 carrot, diced, optional
1/2 cup frozen peas, optional
3 1/4 cups water
Then add tomato sauce, garlic, and onion to the rice. Stir. Add the bullion cubes, salt, carrots, peas, and water.
Cook until bullion cubes are completely dissolved. Then bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Loaded Carne Asada Crispy Burritos
- Chicken Chalupas
- My Famous Chicken Tacos with a Secret Sauce
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Chicken Tinga Street Tacos
Did you know I offer weekly family meal plans that include recipes just like this one? Each week members receive a unique, weekly dinner menu with a complete shopping list and access to my private Facebook group! I’d love to have you join our community!