Let me just start with telling you one thing…these doughnuts are unreal! Like I had neighbors knocking on my door asking for these after I posted the “teaser” on Instagram. I even had 2 of my pregnant friends ask for my garage code to stop by and steal a couple. Then they text me and said that they were mad that they didn’t grab more! They really are amazing!
- 1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake and Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg, and pumpkin puree keep the crumb topping aside. Pour the batter into a greased doughnut pan, filling about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl mix together crumb topping, cinnamon and nutmeg. Top with the crumb topping mixture, and press the topping down into the batter.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While they are baking heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn light brown and then remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth.
- Remove doughnuts from pan when they are done baking and the pan is warm to touch.
- Transfer them to cooling rack and drizzle frosting over warm doughnuts.
Pumpkin Crumb Doughnuts with Brown Butter Frosting
1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake and Muffin Mix
2/3 cup water
1 large egg
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk