Last year in June I had an amazing opportunity of traveling to Virginia to visit one of Shady Brook Farms and Honeysuckle White’s turkey farms.
It was an eye opening experience mostly with how important it is to know where your food comes and the type of treatment your food gets before it ends up on your kitchen table. Having 4 young growing kids in my home I know how important it is to nourish their bodies with good food to help their bodies grow! So when Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms asked me to be a brand ambassador for their brand I knew that it would be a perfect fit for our family. I already believe in feeding my family products that have been raised without grow promoting antibiotics and their turkey is just that! On their website they have a few key topics that I wanted to share with you all!
Shady Brook Farms and Honeysuckle White:
- Doesn’t use growth-promoting antibiotics
- they believe that they can provide a wholesome product that people will feel good about feeding their families, all at an affordable price
- Their products are raised by independent farmers
- they have high standards of the type of farmers they want raising turkeys for the products they sell, they want farmers who care about the way their turkeys are cared for and even pass a verified program which have very high standards which they have to meet
- Believes everyone deserves good food
- they believe that good food doesn’t need to come at a premium price and so they work hard at keeping cost of product low so that everyone can enjoy good food without breaking the bank
- Turkey is the lean protein superfood
- turkey is a higher amount of protein and less fat when compared to chicken, plus it has lots of vitamins and zero grams of saturated fat which make turkey a superfood!
- Live up to their standards
- their products live up to the USDA verified program, they take pride in how their turkeys are raised which lowers illness and the use of antibiotic treatments
- Believe in food safety and traceability
- they complete rigorous tests to make sure their products are as fresh as possible
Their website 700 reasons is jam packed with great information on their company, the products they offer and some great turkey recipes ranging with great variety! Some of my favorites are
I know that the recipes I have posted I have had some questions about where to find their products and why I always say both brands Honeysuckle White
and Shady Brook Farms
. The reason for that is that one of the brands is found in certain states and the other brand in others. Honeysuckle White turkey products are available in select states. For those on the East Coast (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, RI, SC, VT, VA, WV), look for Honeysuckle White’s sister brand, Shady Brook Farms. If you have any questions about
where to find products shoot me a quick email at [email protected] and ill try to help ya! And below are the 2 different brand packaging that you can be on the look out for!
I look forward to sharing with you all some of my favorite turkey recipes to help each of you realize how versatile and yummy turkey really is! And if you have missed some of my other turkey recipes here they are!
Crockpot Bone In Turkey Breast
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored blog post from Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms. I have been compensated for this post however all thoughts and opinions are my own!