Grilling is done year around in our home. During the spring time when it starts to get hot grilling is done multiple times a week. I love not heating up the house and enjoying the gorgeous springtime weather. Usually the kids are running around the backyard and I am getting dinner ready.
I was super excited when I found out about the new and improved seasoned turkey burgers from Honeysuckle White. I have loved their turkey products and wondering how they could improve their already delicious turkey burgers. But they have done it again! They are the perfect addition to this grilling recipe!
I have been day dreaming about Hawaii lately and love a good teriyaki sauce (My favorite marinade recipe is here) so I decided to whip these Hawaiian Turkey Burgers for dinner one weekend. They were extra delicious and extra messy. I think the way to know how good and juicy a burger is is by the amount of messy that drips down your hands as you take a bite.
These Honeysuckle White turkey burgers were juicy as can be. Top with a melted monterey jack cheese, juicy grilled pineapple, grilled slices of ham and yummy teriyaki sauce! So how about you kick off grilling season this weekend as the official “start of summer” on Memorial Day weekend and serve up these mouth watering Hawaiian Turkey Burgers!
- 4 Honeysuckle White New and Improved Turkey Burgers
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade, store bought or homemade
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 sliced monterey jack cheese
- 4 1/2 inch slices of fresh pineapple (I like to grill mine with the sides on them so they stay together and them trim off the outsides and center before placing on my burger)
- 12 sliced Black Forest Ham
- 4 Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- Marinade turkey burgers in the teriyaki marinade for at least 2 hours. Place on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until meat reaches 165 degrees F through the patty. Take the left over marinade and place on a stove top. Heat up until it begins to boil then add cornstarch. Let boil for about 3 minutes or until the teriyaki sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Once turkey burgers are cooked add the slice of cheese. Turn off grill and let cheese melt for a few minutes. While you are grilling the turkey burgers slice the fresh pineapple. (I like to grill mine with the sides still on them so that they stay together and then I trim them before I place on the burger. You can also grill them with the sides cut off and the core center cut out. I have grilled them both ways!
Once turkey burgers are cooked add the slice of cheese. Turn off grill and let cheese melt for a few minutes. While you are grilling the turkey burgers slice the fresh pineapple. (I like to grill mine with the sides still on them so that they stay together and then I trim them before I place on the burger. You can also grill them with the sides cut off and the core center cut out. I have grilled them both ways!
Grab some Hawaiian Hamburger Buns spread some teriyaki sauce on the bottom bun, then add the turkey burger with cheese on it. Then top with 3 slices of grilled ham and 1 slice of grilled pineapple. Add more teriyaki sauce and then eat up!!!