The “Yum Squad” for Peanut Butter & Co. is one of my favorite food blogger groups that I am apart of! Over the past year my families hearts have been turned to their amazing and fun peanut butters. Not only are their products pretty amazing so are the people in the company. I was able to meet their 2 social media specialists in Seattle this year and they were such fun people! So glad that I am able to work with them. Their company is located in New York and one of my favorite treats that I had when I was in New York last year was Serendipity’s frozen hot chocolate. So when Peanut Butter & Co. asked me to participate in their #CandyCaneHacks campaign a few ideas ran through my mind but for some reason this drink kept coming to my mind. I don’t know if it was the fact that I was really missing my New York girls trip with my best friend or the fact that ever since Arizona hit 70 degrees my boys have asked for hot cocoa every night or if it was just a good idea. I’ll let you decide that!? haha Well lucky for you for you I have created this yummy treat for you all and also have a giveaway to go with it! One of you lucky readers with win 2 jars of your favorite Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butters! I’ll even let you pick the flavors! Even better is that I have a special coupon code that you can receive 25% off all their products in December. So go check out their website and enter YUMSQUADLOVE to receive your 25% off!
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite powdered hot chocolate mix
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- splash of peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- crushed candy canes for garnish
- whipping cream for garnish
- Scoop the Dark Chocolate Dreams into a microwave safe bowl. Melt for 20 seconds. Sit and add in 1/4 cup milk and heat for another 20 seconds. If necessary continue heating in 10 second increments until all melted. Add your favorite hot chocolate mix and sugar and stir.
- Slowly add in your whipping cream and your splash of peppermint extract and let cool to room temperature. Add as much or as little peppermint as your would like.
- You can also just add crushed peppermints in the shake too if you don't have extract.
- In a blender add ice, chocolate mixture and the remaining 2 3/4 cup milk.
- You can add crushed peppermints here if you would like. Blend up!
- Top with whipping cream and crushed peppermint candy canes and serve immediently.
Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate