Hot Chocolate Recipe with a Twist
The name “frozen hot chocolate” is an oxymoron, but there’s no better description for this sweet, chocolatey, chilled drink! With a little candy cane garnish, this peppermint frozen hot chocolate makes the perfect holiday treat for those who don’t get a white Christmas. Try it out!
Need other holiday recipe ideas? Check out these:
- Top 10 Baking Recipes
- Holiday Cranberry Drink
- Christmas Tree Crepes
- Christmas Stacked Cookies
- White Chocolate Popcorn
This frozen hot chocolate recipe first came to be after Peanut Butter & Co. asked me to participate in their #CandyCaneHacks campaign. I’ve been part of their food blogger group “The Yum Squad” for years, and it’s one of the best blogger groups I’ve found. So when they asked me to participate, I had a few ideas, but I just kept coming back to frozen hot chocolate.
And as if this recipe wasn’t sweet enough, I’ve also got a sweet little giveaway for you! One of you lucky readers with win 2 jars of your favorite Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butters! I’ll even let you pick the flavors! Even better is that I have a special coupon code that you can receive 25% off all their products in December. So go check out their website and enter YUMSQUADLOVE to receive your 25% off!
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite powdered hot chocolate mix
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- splash of peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- crushed candy canes for garnish
- whipping cream for garnish
- Scoop the Dark Chocolate Dreams into a microwave safe bowl. Melt for 20 seconds. Sit and add in 1/4 cup milk and heat for another 20 seconds. If necessary continue heating in 10 second increments until all melted. Add your favorite hot chocolate mix and sugar and stir.
- Slowly add in your whipping cream and your splash of peppermint extract and let cool to room temperature. Add as much or as little peppermint as your would like.
- You can also just add crushed peppermints in the shake too if you don't have extract.
- In a blender add ice, chocolate mixture and the remaining 2 3/4 cup milk.
- You can add crushed peppermints here if you would like. Blend up!
- Top with whipping cream and crushed peppermint candy canes and serve immediently.
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams or another hazelnut or Nutella spread
1/2 cup cup heavy whipping cream
3 cups milk
2 Tablespoons of your favorite powdered hot chocolate mix
3 Tablespoons sugar
splash of peppermint extract
1 1/2 cups ice
crushed candy canes for garnish
whipping cream for garnish
Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate
Not only are Peanut Butter & Co.’s products amazing (just ask my family!), but their team is a joy to work with. I got to meet their two social media specialists in Seattle this year, and they were such fun people! Their company is based in New York, and one of my favorite New York treats is Serendipity 3‘s frozen hot chocolate. Maybe it’s the season, maybe it’s my love for Serendipity 3, or maybe it’s the fact that my boys have been begging for hot chocolate every night (even though it’s 70 degrees in Arizona). Whatever the inspiration, I’m happy to share my #CandyCaneHack and peppermint frozen hot chocolate with you!
Did you know I have a monthly meal subscription you can join? I create a new grocery list filled with tons of delicious recipes every month that you can make with the family! If you are the type of family that makes the same meals all the time then this is definitely something you should look into. Let me help you and change up your normal routine. Join today HERE and I promise you will love it!
Is the subscription not for you but you still want to know how to make some yummy recipes? Check out my cookbook HERE and become an expert in the kitchen!