The BEST Key Lime Pie
The Best Key Lime Pie is also the best No Bake Pie.
I can’t wait to share this yummy no bake key lime pie with you all! I am a lover of key limes. They are part of my weekly grocery haul and are mostly found floating in my diet coke.
So when I was craving a dessert when I got home from being out of town I looked in my fridge and saw the key limes and knew exactly what I wanted to make. A simple no bake key lime pie and this recipe I created exceeded my expectations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
No Bake – Key Lime Pie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 graham crackers crushed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- a dash of cinnamon
- a dash of salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2- (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup juice from key limes (about 1 pound of key limes)
- 1 Tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- key lime zest
- key lime slices
- whipped cream
- First up take the graham crackers and make sure they are made into crumbs. Then pour the crumbs into a bowl. Then put in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together. Then pour in melted butter and create the crust.
- Then grab a pie tin or if you want to make "bars" pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Then press the crust into the pan. Then place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a bowl add the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Beat together for 5 minutes until it begins to get fluffy. Then pour in the juice from the key limes. As well as the lime zest and vanilla. Mix it all together.
- In a separate bowl add the 2 cups whipping cream. Whip to stiff peaks. Then fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Grab the graham cracker crust out of the freezer and pour in the whipping cream/cream cheese mixture. Place back in the fridge for about 5 hours or you can put it in the fridge overnight.
- Before you serve you can decorate with whipped cream, key lime zest, and key lime slices!
pie decoration: optional